Monday, April 25, 2011

Planting is a bit time intensive...

Well, as you saw in my previous post, there are a lot of options for planting. the question is when to plant? Cold weather crops prefer full sun with cooler temperatures, these should be direct seeded in the garden as soon as the ground is thawed and can be tilled. This is generally April to May here in our zone 4 in Burlington CT...  The end of the season would be the other time to plant these, August to September... So get to it!

Well heres what I have done so far, and what should be done at the same time:

Early Spring:
(I have done so far)

  • Carrots
  • Beets
  • Turnips
  • Spinach
  • Swiss Chard
  • Cabbage
  • Onions


(these should be in by now...)

  • Broccoli
  • Cauliflower
  • Garlic (fall is even better even in cold climates)
  • Leeks
  • Shallots
  • Potatoes


There may be a few more, but this is all I can remember right off the top of my head right now... It's late, I'm tired and not quite thinking straight lol... 

No comments:

Post a Comment